Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Social Science History Chapter 4 The Making of Global World Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers were Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science The Making of Global World Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Social Science MCQs Chapter 4 The Making of Global World
1. Who worked in American plantations during the 18th century:
(a) Emigrants from Europe
(b) Slaves captured from Africa
(c) Unemployed population of America
2. Reason for decline of cotton textile export from India to Britain in the early 19th century:
(a) imposition of tariff on cotton import into Britain.
(b) quality of cotton textile was poor.
(c) shortage of raw cotton in India.
(d) cotton producers had found other buyers.
3. When the export of cotton textile to Britain declined, India did not lose much. Why?
(a) because demand for Indian cotton textile in America increased.
(b) because South-East Asian countries welcomed Indian cotton textiles.
(c) because India’s home market had adequate number of buyers for Indian textile.
(d) because China opened a market for Indian textile.
4. Give the correct reason for decline of household income in Europe after the First World War:
(a) People’ stopped going to work, as they were scared of the war situation.
(b) Death and injuries had reduced the number of able bodied work force.
(c) Home governments had imposed heavier taxes.
(d) People could not go to work because they got busy with reorganization of their households.
5. During the First World War women in Europe stepped into jobs which earlier men were expected to do. What was the reason?
(a) because men went to battle.
(b) because men went to other countries in search of jobs.
(c) because of liberalisation of women in society.
(d) because menfolk decided to take charge of the household work.
6. Which of the following did not take part in the First World War?
7. In which country did the Great Depression start?
(a) Britain, 1929
(b) France, 1930
(c) USA, 1929
(d) Germany, 1929
8. Identify one aim of the post-war international economic system:
(a) To ensure economic stability of underdeveloped countries.
(b) To promote good health for the people of the world.
(c) Promotion of education worldwide.
(d) To preserve economic stability and full employment in the industrial world.
9. Who adopted the concept of assembly line to manufacture automobiles?
(a) T. Cuppola
(b) Henry Ford
(c) Samuel Morse
(d) Christopher Columbus
10. Name the place and the year of United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference:
(a) China, 1911
(b) Tokyo, 1944
(c) Vietnam, 1939
(d) Bretton Woods in New Hampshire, USA, 1944
11. What was the outcome of Bretton Woods Conference? It led to the establishment of:
(a) ILO (International Labour Organisation)
(b) International Monetary Fund
(c) UNESCO, 1945
(d) FAO, 1945
12. Why did China become an attractive destination for Multi-National Companies?
(a) It had abundance of raw material.
(b) China was highly industrialised.
(c) Because wages were low in China.
(d) It had vast and thinly populated land suitable for setting up production units, etc.
13. From the mid-19th century, faster industrial growth in Britain led to:
(a) higher income.
(b) unemployment in rural Britain.
(c) migration of people to Britain.
(d) the arrival of women industrial workers.
14. Which of the following countries has an effective right of veto over key IMF and World Bank decisions?
15. The First World War was fought mainly in
16. The geographical exploration in Africa was directly linked to
(a) Search for scientific information
(b) Imperial projects
(c) Vast land with rich resources
(d) Labour to work for plantations in America
17. From ancient times travellers travel long
distances in search of
(d) Spiritual leaders
18. Common foods like potatoes, groundnuts, maize, tomatoes, chillies, sweet potatoes were introduced in
19. 10,000,000 people died in Ireland between 1845-1849 due to
(a) potato famine
(c) foreign invasion
20. Thousands of people fled Europe for America in the 19th century due to
(a) poverty and widespread deadly diseases
(b) natural calamity
(c) outbreak of a war among nations
(d) outbreak of plague
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science The Making of Global World with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Social Science History Chapter 4 The Making of Global World Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.