Table of Contents
Essay on Wonders of Science: Science is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the world. Science has revolutionized our way of life. It has been a great boon and blessing to mankind. It has transformed the world. It is the most powerful tool that we can use to change the world. It has given us many things. It has given us many things. Science has given us many wonders and modern inventions. It has made our life more comfortable and convenient. It has provided us with many facilities and comforts.
Also Check: Paragraph on Wonder of Science
Here we have provided various essays on the Wonders of Science under particular words limit to help you with the topic in your class test, exam, prepare assignments, etc. You can select any Wonders of Science essay according to your need:
Long and Short Essay on Wonders of Science in English
Wonders of Science Essay 200 words
Science is a blessing to the mankind. It makes man’s existence comfortable. Scientific information and knowledge has empowered man. In farming, communication, medical science and almost every field, man has got abundant developments with the understanding of science.
So where can we find science in daily life? You don’t need to find it. It is always there around you. So let’s find out some and discover science in our daily life:
- Cooking – Radiation, Conduction, and Convection are the mediums for the transfer of heat. Therefore, they are part of heat energy and where there is heat there is Physics.
- Food – The food we eat goes through a chemical reaction inside our body which gives us the energy to sustain the whole day. This is Biology.
- Vehicles – The process that takes place in our car which is to burn fuel like petrol or diesel is called Combustion. This comes under Chemistry.
Also Check: Essay on Science
- Appliances like mixer use centrifugal force to turn their blades and churn the food.
- Inventors concluded that electrons can carry data and audio very quickly so they came up with the idea of T.V. This is the basic principle behind the T.V and lies beneath the topic of physics.
- In a refrigerator, passing cooler liquid around will absorb the heat present and decrease the temperature. Again physics and chemistry are involved in this.
Wonders of Science Essay 300 words
Science and its fabulous inventions have brought a revolution in various industries. These inventions have not only helped in industrialization but have also made our living easy and comfortable. Let us learn as to how the wonders of science have changed our daily life for the better.
Advantages of Science
- It simplifies our lives.
- It aids in managing our daily tasks.
- It speeds up our work.
- It facilitates smoother communication with others.
- It enhances our knowledge of different cultures and societies.
Also Check: Essay on Role of Science in Making India
How Science has changed our Lives?
- New ways of preserving and flavoring the food items are being invented through research in meals technology.
- A vast variety of plastic and different artificial supplies have been created which have hundreds of uses in the home and in industry.
- Antibiotics and vaccinations defend us from infectious illnesses and health problems.
- Nowadays there are slight or no possibilities of an infant getting disease because births now happen in hospitals under the supervision of specialized staff. Science has invented vaccines for infants to defend them from prospective life illnesses.
- Sanitary condition has improved a lot than before.
- Drainage system has been modernized.
- Filtered & mineral water is available to overcome diseases and other illness caused due to water pollution.
- Means of transport has also undergone a giant enhancement and change.
- Superstitions have been discarded and attitude has been changed towards everything.
- People now no more consider that diseases are caused by evil spirits.
- People have become open-minded and cosmopolitan due to the research in the field of science and technology, as a result, Scientist always tries to search out new issues, explorations, discoveries, and inventions.
Wonders of Science Essay 400 words
In early age, man lived like a savage. He did not know how to light fire, how to cook food and how to wear clothes. He did not even know how to make a house or a hut, how to speak, read or write. But progressively by the use of science, he developed a great civilization. We know that science has given us far too many things and had made our life worth living from making a pin to a rocket are all the gifts of science. But like it is said – every coin has two sides.
Disadvantages of Science
Science has made some inventions that have proved to be destructive for the humankind. These were invented for the betterment of the human beings but are rather proving to be a curse in following ways:
Pollution started with industrialization. Industries and vehicles contribute to major pollution. Inventions in the field of technology have led to an increase in pollution. Water, air & noise pollution – all are a threat to mankind. It is due to this pollution that we are facing major problems like global warming and it has become a challenge for humanity. Many harmful and toxic gases are released into the environment by the industries. These pollute the atmosphere. The air we take in is extremely polluted and causes various diseases. The waste these industries produce is often thrown in the rivers and other water resources leading to water pollution. The decline in aquatic species is the result of this pollution.
Deadly and destructive weapons are again an invention of science. Science has given high-tech weapons and warheads to the mankind. These weapons can cause mass killing and destruction at a distant place just by triggering a button. The destructive applications of science like the nuclear bomb, Hydrogen Bomb, Poisonous gases, Missiles, Chemical warfare can finish the existence of any big city or country within seconds. The Nuclear power plant is a serious threat to the humankind and the environment, The Bhopal gas tragedy that took place in 1984 took lives of thousands and many were permanently disabled due to the poisonous gas leakage.
With the invention of high-tech machinery, the work which used to be too time-consuming earlier hardly takes any time now. The invention might have eased our life but has also created unemployment. Due to industrialization, less human force is required as all the major work is now being done by the machines.
Wonders of Science Essay 500 Words
Science contributes to an overall understanding of how and why things work. It explains the reason behind the daily functioning of complex systems – from the human body to modern transportation. Students and also children are able to use this knowledge to understand and learn new concepts, peruse new interests and make well-informed decisions. It also provides tactical and visible proof of many facts we read in books or see on T.V. This helps in raising the understanding and helps children to keep hold of the information.
Learning the Wonders of Science at School Level
Science knows no boundaries as it is a universal subject. After years of active and persistent efforts, science claimed to be a part of the school curriculum and got recognized. Science has proved indispensable for the existence of man and has revolutionized human life.
Supremacy of Science has now been established in every field and thus it is necessary to educate the students on Science – What is Science & where is Science. The tempo of our lives has also been quickened. A new social and political outlook has been given to the man altogether. Hence, the study of science has become a necessity in this age and without learning the modern science a man is like a lame individual with no sense of the modern era. Here is why it is important to learn the wonders of science at the school level:
- Science provides exclusive teaching on inspection and reasoning. It makes the students form an objective judgment.
- Science learning is unbeatably helpful for our supervision in life. We exist in a world of scientific inventions. So science education cannot be ignored.
- Science is taught to offer training and knowledge of scientific methods.
- Science has its own literature and cultural values. The scientific discoveries of Newton, Darwin, Armstrong, and others are treasures for mankind and hence science has won the first rank in Humanistic studies.
- Science has effective value. It instructs the children to use their leisure properly and is clearly illustrated in scientific hobbies.
- Awareness of the methods of observation and experimentation in the different fields of Science helps students develop a logical brain, a significant judgment and a capacity for disciplined organization.
- Science helps in remedies of the defects of ordinary school education. It is considered to be the most valuable element in the education of those who show special ability. It provides discipline of mind.
Wonders of Science Essay 600 word
Science is everywhere from an ordinary pen to a printing machine, from a paper airplane to space shuttle. It is an integral part of our daily life. Science has made our life easy and also comfortable with its innovations. Science has changed every field of life. Impossible things have become possible.
Gifts of Science
Thousands of things we use in our daily life are the gift of science. Here is a look at some of these:
- Electricity – Therefore the invention of electricity led to an incredible change for the human civilization. Electricity helps run trains, heavy machinery, industries or other heavy wagons. Air conditioners, electric fans, electric heaters, lights have made our life more comfortable. Basically, all the scientific technologies rest on electricity.
- Medicine and Surgery – Science has given wonderful medicines which give immediate relief to us. Science has helped overcome many dangerous and deadly diseases. Many vaccinations and medicines have discovered to save people from different diseases. Now, almost every part of the human body can transplanted by surgery. This can give us eyes to see, ears to hear and also legs to walk. Scientists are innovating new and improved methods for surgeries. Medical science has undergone unbelievable improvements. Blood transfusion and organ transplantation are now possible. The invention of X-Ray, Ultrasonography, ECG, MRI, Penicillin, etc., has made diagnoses of problems much easier.
- Travelling and Transportation – Science has made our traveling fast and comfortable. We can reach any part of the world within few hours. We can travel by buses, cars, trains, ships, airplanes and other vehicles. They not only carry us but also transport goods and materials to faraway places quickly and safely.
- Communication – Science has brought about a great change in the way of communication. This is not that time when we have to wait for a long time for our letter’s reply. This is the time when we can talk to our relatives even if they are too far away from us. We can talk to them and can even see them on our mobile phones. We can contact them from any part of the world. Mobiles and also internet has helped reduce distance between people.
- Agriculture – Science has proven to be a real friend for farmers. Many innovations and also discoveries help farmers grow good quality crop. Harvesting machines, Tractors, Manures and also good quality seeds are the gift of science to a farmer. In dairy business, types of machinery are helping to grow their business. Science has improved their lifestyle.
- Entertainment – The first means of entertainment science has gave us was Radio. People used to listen to songs and news on it. But now science has amazed us by its new innovations in the field of entertainment. Now, we can watch T.V. on our mobiles. We can watch live telecast everywhere. Can watch videos on mobiles, T.V and also on computers. We cannot imagine our lives without these.
- Education and Industry – Science has urbanized our education and trade sector. Therefore the innovation of printing, typing, binding, etc has boosted our education system. Similarly, from invention of needle, scissors, and sewing machine to the invention of heavy industrial machinery has done wonders in the industrial field.
Long Essay on Wonders of Science 800 Words
We humans observe our surroundings or incidents and document our inferences, in form of facts and also figures. This further leads to some new explorations and logical conclusions, which is termed as science. Science is in a regular process of development and exploration, through human intervention.
Science is omnipresent; it is into everything and everywhere, whether we notice or don’t. The road we walk on, the house we live in, the utensils we use, the clothes we wear, the soaps, toothpaste, medicines, fans, air conditioners, even the chairs and beds, have produced only due to scientific advancement and in a way are the products of science or to be more precisely “Wonders of Science”.
There are innumerable wonders of science ranging from a small pin to a supersized jumbo jet or a space craft and it is not possible to mention all in this article; therefore, we will go through some of the most significant “Wonders of Science”, those have completely reformed human lives.
Wonders of Science
“Wonders of Science” is a popular essay topic for students of Std 1 to Std IX and Std X. Below given “Wonders of Science” will develop the students’ curiosity about science and also leave them wanting more, with an affinity towards scientific explorations.
“Wheel” has got a place in our list because it is a very significant scientific invention, so much so that today a nation’s economy depends on how much wheels are rolling on its roads. Without wheels a nation will stand still, stalling its growth. Could you imagine going to office or school without using any wheel on anything, in some way or the other, for that matter. Of course not!
Wheel is also a perfect example of the development of an object, through application of science. Therefore the wheels that we use today in our vehicles have developed in many stages from its primitive form invented almost 12000 years ago. Primitive wheels were nothing but a circular section of wood with a hole at the centre.
Electricity is obviously another commodity, without which everyday life is unimaginable. The evolution of electricity that we use today has taken thousands of years of scientific research and studies. Long before, when people weren’t aware of electricity, they were, never the less, aware of the shock from an electric fish. Ancient Egyptians and physicians of around 2750 BCE have documented the experiences with electric fish, in their texts.
Subsequent, researches carried out in 16th, 17th and 18th century by many enthusiasts and scientists, before Thomas Alva Edison discovered Direct Current and Nicola Tesla invented Alternating Current in 19th century. The discovery of electricity from an electric fish to useful DC and also AC currents, have made possible only through persistent scientific research and development.
Computers are one of the greatest inventions of science. The first ever calculation device “Abacus”, developed in 1622 by William Oughtred and simple frame fitted with strings having beads around them. Therefore the computers that we use today have evolved from the Analytic engine developed by Charles Babbage between 1833 and 1871. From Abacus to Analytic engine to modern day desktop and laptop, computers have progressed hugely in shape, size and also capacity and undisputedly have become the most significant scientific wonder.
Internet is also one of the most wonderful inventions of science and has also become an inseparable part of our day to day life. Internet invented to satiate man’s desire to bring the world closer. It has revolutionized communication and information exchange as never before. Therefore the internet speed that we have access to today is a result of a century’s research and development.
This “internet” wonder of science is still in the process of development and is going to get better and better with every passing minute. Perfect example of how science applied to an idea or a thing, can push it on the path of infinite development.
- Anesthesia and Vaccines
Anesthesia and Vaccines are the two wonders of medical science, which have revolutionized medical operations and also disease eradication respectively. They both play a significant role in saving millions of lives.
Today, any operation, be it minor or major, could hardly imagined without anesthesia. It saves the patient from, otherwise unbearable pain and torture. Many medical operations could not have been possible without anesthesia. New anesthetics researched and also developed regularly by applying scientific principles.
Vaccines also save millions of children by providing protection from deadly diseases like tetanus, mumps, diphtheria, measles, whooping cough, polio and others.
Essay on Wonders of Science FAQs
What is the essay on wonder of science?
The essay on the wonder of science explores the amazing discoveries and inventions in the world of science.
What are wonders of science?
Wonders of science are incredible achievements and phenomena resulting from scientific knowledge and research.
What is science in 100 words?
cience is a systematic way of understanding the world through observation, experimentation, and analysis. It uncovers the secrets of nature, leading to technological advancements that improve our lives.
What is the paragraph 3 of the wonder of science?
Paragraph 3 of the wonder of science essay likely discusses specific scientific wonders or their impact on society.
How does science work in 7 Wonders?
Science contributes to the understanding and construction of the 7 Wonders by providing the knowledge and technology needed to create these impressive structures.
Why is science so special?
Science is special because it empowers us to unravel the mysteries of the universe, solve problems, and enhance our quality of life through innovation.
What are the 5 uses of science?
Science is used for improving healthcare, developing technology, understanding the environment, advancing agriculture, and exploring outer space.