Chapter 9 – Urban Livelihoods – NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science – Free PDF Download
As we all know, there are numerous resources available nowadays that supply premade NCERT Solutions in both offline and online formats, but clever students must choose the one that is most appropriate for them. INFINITY LEARN is the most reputable and reliable source among the many e-learning sites available nowadays online. One can get good grades in their exams if they use the solutions accessible there.
Ques 1. Read and discuss the following description of the living conditions of workers who come to the labour chowk.
Most workers that we find at the labour chowk cannot afford permanent accommodation and so sleep on pavements near the chowk, or they pay Rs 6 a night for a bed at a nearby night shelter run by the Municipal Corporation. To compensate for the lack of security, local tea and cigarette shops function as banks, moneylenders, and safety lockers, all rolled into one. Most workers leave their tools at these shops for the night for safekeeping and pass on any extra money to them. The shopkeepers keep the money safely and also offer loans to labourers in need.
The crowd of labourers that is often seen in the morning at the chowks and crossroads is due to lack of employment and high poverty. These workers search for manual or labour work whole day and because there are many more, they get ready to work hard in even meager wages. They do not have their permanent accommodation and many of them have just migrated from rural areas in search of work. They being highly unskilled cannot afford to do any other job which requires specialisation. They are highly insecured and they rarely arrange work for durable period as face this difficulty every day of their life.
Ques 2. Complete the following table and discuss how their work is different.
Ques 3. In what ways is a permanent and regular job different from a casual job? Discuss.
Ans. A permanent and regular job is different from a casual job in the following manner.
- A permanent and regular job is for twelve months while a casual job is only for a ﬁxed period.
- In permanent and regular jobs working hours are less than that in the casual jobs.
- Handsome salaries are paid to permanent and regular employees than casual workers.
- Permanent employees are paid extra for working late hours while casual workers don’t get.
- Permanent and regular employees get other beneﬁts like pension, fund, medical reimbursement, medical leave, and other beneﬁts while casual worker does not get any other beneﬁt.
- Permanent and regular employees have job security while casual workers do not.
Ques 4. What beneﬁts does Sudha get along with her salary?
Ans. Sudha gets the following beneﬁts along with her salary. A pension fund with interest on savings. Holidays: Sundays and National Holidays, some days’ holidays as annual leave.
Medical facilities: Medical reimbursement, medical allowance, medical leave with pay.
Ques 5. Fill in the following table to show the services provided by people in the markets which you visit frequently.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science – Social and Political Life Chapter-9
On their platform, you can access all of the resources for Class 6, Civics. Everything is in PDF format, including chapter-by-chapter solutions that can be utilized both offline and online. Our expert team, along with competent and dedicated teachers with years of experience with them, prepares section and chapter-by-part responses to all of the problems. They provide solutions that are curated according to NCERT rules, covering every aspect of the chapter as well as each idea that is taught to students in a way that is easily comprehended. On the INFINITY LEARN Platform, you may also get example papers and papers from prior years.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Political Science Chapter 9 Urban Livelihoods deals with people who live in urban areas, whether they work for themselves or for someone else, and whether they are employed or not. People try to make a livelihood in a variety of ways; for example, some people move from rural to urban areas in the hopes of having a better life, but they still have to work hard. People choose jobs such as selling things, fixing items, working for a company, and so on. Some people are struggling to make ends meet and can’t afford appropriate housing or needs.
They sometimes live in filthy conditions, which has an impact on their health. In the modern metropolitan milieu, they frequently struggle to find permanent employment. Due to their poverty, the children do not receive sufficient education and do not have access to adequate medical care. People who work for the government can benefit from a variety of benefits, including a solid wage, medical care, access to benefits such as the Provident Fund, and a comfortable lifestyle.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics Chapter 9 Urban Livelihood are provided in an easy-to-understand and learn format. The complete solutions to all of the chapter’s problems are available for free on the INFINITY LEARN website, allowing students to prepare for their exams as thoroughly as possible. The answers to the questions are provided in a clear and concise manner by qualified lecturers. They also supply all of the most up-to-date knowledge in both online and offline seminars.
NCERT answers for Political Science Class 6
There is only one book for Class 6, Political Science Part-1, which has nine chapters and all of the solutions are available on the INFINITY LEARN website. INFINITY LEARN delivers answers in PDF format for all questions that are clearly explained.
There are 9 chapters in the book, and chapter-by-chapter solutions are accessible for download via the direct links provided. The following is a list of chapters for NCERT Class 6 Political Science:
- Chapter 1- Understanding Diversity
- Chapter 3- Diversity and Discrimination
- Chapter 3- What is Government
- Chapter 4- Key elements of a democratic government
- Chapter 5- Panchayati Raj
- Chapter 6- Rural administration
- Chapter 7- Urban Administration
- Chapter 8- Rural livelihoods
- Chapter 9- Urban Livelihoods
The exercise questions in the NCERT Book range in difficulty from easy to moderate to advanced. As a result, students will be able to revise the book more efficiently if they practice all of the questions. After receiving the response from the INFINITY LEARN website, one can conduct a self-evaluation to determine their current condition in a certain topic or subject, as well as how much more effort they will need to put in to get their desired examination results.
INFINITY LEARN – Your Study Aid for the Final Exam
For each question in the NCERT book, INFINITY LEARN provides section and chapter-by-section and chapter-by-chapter solutions. Experienced professors also mention and construct sample question papers, as well as previous year papers and reference books.
INFINITY LEARN provides the greatest materials for CBSE Class 6 exam preparation. The best educators are constantly available to assist pupils, both offline and online, in clarifying and explaining their doubts. They also provide students with the option of participating in a live session, as well as a list of suggested instructors that they may review if they require any additional information or explanations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are NCERT solutions sufficient for Class 6 Political Science preparation?
- What is the greatest E-learning site for getting the most up-to-date CBSE Syllabus?
- Propose a dependable multi-service platform where NCERT books, NCERT solutions, Chapter summaries, and sample papers for the Class- 6 final examination are available in PDF format for outstanding preparation.
- What is the definition of urban livelihood?
- What exactly do you mean when you say “rural livelihood” in Class 6?
- What is a Class 6 urban area?
- What are the sources of income in cities?
- Vandana Class 6’s occupation is?
- What are the perks that Sudha receives in addition to her income as a sixth-grade social science teacher?
1. Are NCERT solutions sufficient for Class 6 Political Science preparation?
Yes, the information and solutions provided on the INFINITY LEARN platform for Class 6 Political Science Civics Chapter-9 are sufficient for final examination preparation because, in addition to the solutions, sample questions are also provided, which are prepared in a friendly and customized manner so that students can easily benefit from them. As a result, a student can train even from there and achieve good results on their exams.
2. What is the greatest E-learning site for getting the most up-to-date CBSE Syllabus?
The INFINITY LEARN platform provides a diverse and comprehensive set of study materials for the Class 6 final test, most of which are available at no cost to students. Along with this, students can access past year’s question papers, as well as their solutions and reference books, in PDF format, which can be downloaded using direct links and used to study offline.
3. Propose a dependable multi-service platform where NCERT books, NCERT solutions, Chapter summaries, and sample papers for the Class- 6 final examination are available in PDF format for outstanding preparation.
Among various e-learning sites, INFINITY LEARN is the most dependable and multi-learning platform that provides NCERT books and solutions in PDF format for download. It’s the go-to resource for chapter summaries and practice papers in a convenient format for the best preparation for class 6 final exams.
4. What is the definition of urban livelihood?
People who reside in cities are referred to as urban dwellers. They generate money by doing a variety of jobs in order to maintain a minimal standard of living. Every day, a large number of individuals migrate from the countryside to cities in quest of better jobs and pay. Every day, people put in a lot of effort to live in cities. Due to the limited resources available in rural areas, the number of opportunities in cities (i.e., urban areas) is usually better and greater than in rural areas (i.e., villages).
5. What exactly do you mean when you say “rural livelihood” in Class 6?
The rural lifestyle is diametrically opposed to the metropolitan lifestyle. The term “rural livelihood” refers to those who live in villages. People who live in villages with few amenities and opportunities have a poor income. The term “rural livelihood” refers to the various kinds of income available to those living in rural areas. These locations are underdeveloped, and there are usually few resources available to work with.
6. What is a Class 6 urban area?
The term “urban area” refers to cities and towns that are well-developed and continue to expand in order to serve and offer more advanced possibilities and resources to their residents. These are the locations with highly developed civilization and urbanization, which sustain many people’s lifestyles and fundamental necessities. Because the infrastructure in these places is well-developed, it serves a large number of people.
7. What are the sources of income in cities?
In comparison to rural areas, urban locations are likely to have more sources. You have various options for how you want to conduct your life in the city. Every day, new industries emerge, requiring a large number of employees to successfully operate them. Many urban residents are employed by these structures, which pay them on a daily basis. In urban regions, there are several small business establishments that allow many people to demonstrate their talents while earning a living for themselves and their families.
8. Vandana Class 6’s occupation is?
Vandana is a self-employed clothing designer who operates out of a showroom. Her pay fluctuates based on the tasks she receives at the store. Her work at the showroom, on the other hand, is solid. She is a self-employed woman who works and earns a solid living by showing her ability to bring projects to life and successfully meet the needs of her clientele.
9. What are the perks that Sudha receives in addition to her income as a sixth-grade social science teacher?
- Sudha receives the following advantages in addition to her salary:
- She can use her provident fund as a savings account.
- She has the option of taking medical leave anytime she is ill or unwell.
- Her employer will take care of her medical needs.
- She will have Sunday off, as well as national holidays and some annual leave from the employer.