Subject specialists have created NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16- Digestion and Absorption, which includes thorough solutions for reference. All of the unsolved questions from the textbook’s exercises are answered here. The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 provide useful solutions for improving conceptual knowledge and help in entrance examinations like JEE mains and NEET.
The solutions are carefully solved using student-friendly terms while still adhering to the norms that must be followed when solving NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11. Practicing these answers can be incredibly advantageous not only in terms of exams but also in terms of helping Class 11 pupils perform well in upcoming competitive exams.
The approaches for answering have been given special consideration to stay on target while not deviating from the intended answer. Because time is so important in exams, excellent time management when answering questions is essential for getting the best results.
Unit 5 – Human Physiology is where NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 – Digestion and Absorption is found. According to prior trends, unit 5 carries 18 marks and accounts for around 25% of the total weightage, which is reason enough for students to pay special attention.
Students must refer to prior years’ question papers to obtain a sense of the examinations in addition to having a planned study strategy. Students get an understanding of essential questions that frequently appear in examinations, good time management, and answering strategies, among other things. NCERT Exemplar Solutions assists students in achieving all of this because it addresses all of these issues.
The types of questions that students encountered on their second-term exams are listed below:
- Evaluation type
- Remembering: knowledge-based
- Application type
- Higher-order thinking skills – Analysing and Synthesis
The subtopics covered in Chapter 16 – Digestion and Absorption is listed below:
|16.2||Digestion of Food|
|16.3||Absorption of Digested Products|
|16.4||Disorders of Digestive System|
Introduction of Chapter
The chapter focuses on the vital process of digestion and absorption in living organisms. Food is one of life’s most basic needs, thus all living things are made up of major components including proteins, lipids, and carbs. Others, like as minerals and vitamins, are necessary in modest amounts. Food is necessary because it offers energy and organic ingredients that are required for tissue growth and repair. Water serves a crucial function in metabolic processes, keeping the organism from becoming dehydrated. The chapter goes into great length regarding human physiology.
Key Features of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 – Digestion and Absorption
- Students will benefit from solutions that are specifically tailored to their needs.
- The content is taken from the textbook, which is a common study aid.
- A group of highly experienced individuals creates solutions after analyzing the average mental competency of students obtaining Class 11 certification.
- In the second term tests, the answers were arranged as predicted.
- Solutions are available in a ready-to-use manner.
- Wherever possible, neatly labeled diagrams to support responses are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16
Q. Explain the functions of the liver from the Chapter 16 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology.
Ans: The functions of the liver explained in Chapter 16 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology are listed below –
- The liver secretes bile juice, which aids in fat digestion.
- Glycogen is formed when excess sugar in the blood is separated and stored in cells. This is referred to as glycogenesis, and it is aided by the pancreatic hormone insulin.
- Heparin is an anticoagulant generated by the liver.
- The liver plays a crucial role in lymph development.
Q. What will I learn from the Chapter 16 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology?
Ans: The process of digestion and absorption, which is crucial in all living beings, is the focus of Chapter 16 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology. Food is one of the most important requirements, thus living things have lipids, proteins, carbs, vitamins, and minerals in them. Food provides organic ingredients and energy, which aids in tissue repair and growth. This chapter discusses the necessity of water in numerous metabolic processes that keep the body from becoming dehydrated. According to the CBSE syllabus, this chapter also includes information on human physiology.
Q. What are the advantages of using the NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16?
Ans: Following are the advantages of the NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16:
- The best study resource for students preparing for exams.
- Basic principles are described in an easy-to-understand manner.
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions follows the CBSE syllabus and rules to the letter.
- Visual learning is aided by diagrams in the replies.
- The solutions are available in PDF format and can be downloaded for free.
Q. Why Opt for Infinity Learn?
Ans: In this chapter Infinity Learn provides videos, notes, NCERT text book solutions, other practice book solutions and assignments that help you learn the concepts and to memorise the concepts for entrance exams and board exams. Most important, Infinity learn provide instant doubt support by subject experts.