Subject specialists have created NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 Breathing and Exchange of Gases, which includes thorough solutions for reference. All of the unsolved questions from the textbook’s exercises are answered here. The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 provide useful solutions for improving conceptual knowledge and help in entrance examinations like JEE mains and NEET.
The solutions are carefully solved using student-friendly terms while still adhering to the norms that must be followed when solving NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11. Practicing these answers can be incredibly advantageous not only in terms of exams but also in terms of helping Class 11 pupils perform well in upcoming competitive exams.
The approaches for answering have been given special consideration to stay on target while not deviating from the intended answer. Because time is so important in exams, excellent time management when answering questions is essential for getting the best results.
The subtopics covered in Chapter 17 – Breathing and Exchange of Gases is listed below:
|17.2||Mechanism of Breathing|
|17.3||Exchange of Gases|
|17.4||Transport of Gases|
|17.5||Regulation of Respiration|
|17.6||Disorders of Respiratory System|
Introduction of Chapter
Respiration is a vital life process that all living things go through. Breathing, also known as respiration, is the process of exchanging oxygen from the atmosphere with carbon dioxide produced by the cells. Students will learn about the mechanism of breathing in this chapter.
Respiratory organs are found in the human respiratory system and help with breathing. The various respiratory volumes and capabilities are also discussed. The exchange and transportation of gases is an important idea that students should be aware of. Finally, it goes over the several respiratory problems that students should be aware of.
Key Features of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 – Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- Students will benefit from solutions that are specifically tailored to their needs.
- The content is taken from the textbook, which is a common study aid.
- A group of highly experienced individuals creates solutions after analyzing the average mental competency of students obtaining Class 11 certification.
- In the second term tests, the answers were arranged as predicted.
- Solutions are available in a ready-to-use manner.
- Wherever possible, neatly labelled diagrams to support responses are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the types of Hypoxia explained in Chapter 17 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology?
Ans: Following are the types of Hypoxia explained in Chapter 17 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology :
- Cytotoxic hypoxia – It is caused by cyanide poisoning
- Anaemic hypoxia – It is caused by deficiency of haemoglobin
- Hypoxic hypoxia – It is caused due to insufficient oxygen in the atmosphere
- Stagnant hypoxia – It is caused by reduced pumping activity of the heart or heart failure
- Carbon monoxide poisoning –It is caused by the Irreversible binding of CO to haemoglobin and reduced oxygen transport.
Q. Explain the significance of vital capacity from the Chapter 17 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology.
Ans: Following are the significance of vital capacity of Chapter 17 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology:
- It denotes the greatest amount of air that may be regenerated or transformed in a single breath by the respiratory system.
- The extra air inhaled indicates the greatest amount of oxygen available for glucose oxidation. The body will have greater energy as a result of this.
Q. List the topics/subtopics covered in the Chapter 17 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology.
Ans: Following are the topics and subtopics that are explained in Chapter 17 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology :
17.1 – Respiratory Organs
17.2 – Mechanism of Breathing
17.3 – Exchange of Gases
17.4 – Transport of Gases
17.5 – Regulation of Respiration
17.6 – Disorders of Respiratory System
Q. Why Opt for Infinity Learn?
Ans: In this chapter Infinity Learn provides videos, notes, NCERT text book solutions, other practice book solutions and assignments that help you learn the concepts and to memorise the concepts for entrance exams and board exams. Most important, Infinity learn provide instant doubt support by subject experts.